IT Infrastructure Solutions Purpose Built for Financial Services
At Savvis, IT infrastructure is our core competency. Our flexible technology and commercial model allows clients to tailor solutions incorporating a broad range of capabilities, from colocation to managed hosting to cloud, with supplementary compute, storage, security and network services. Leveraging Savvis’ market-leading capabilities allows firms to focus their IT resources on their own core competencies, in order to differentiate market offerings and deftly respond to future requirements as they arise.
Leading financial services organizations – encompassing buy-side, sell-side, liquidity venues and solutions providers – across the globe rely on Savvis Markets Infrastructure as the foundation for their trading and IT solutions.
Savvis’ global footprint of data centers and ultra low latency and extremely resilient network connectivity underpins these solutions, reinforced by an unmatched depth of experience in supporting the financial markets.
Market data is the lifeblood of financial markets and a core component of Savvis Markets Infrastructure. For whatever purpose – price discovery, post-trade processing, portfolio valuation – Savvis offers ultra low latency connectivity to over 200 exchange and liquidity venue feeds across the globe, including:
- NYSE Euronext
- NASDAQ OMX
- CME Group
- Direct Edge
- London Stock Exchange
- Singapore Exchange
Market data delivery and interconnectivity between data centers, clients, trading partners and execution venues is achieved by leveraging Savvis’ Application Transport Services (ATS):
- Derived from our next generation global network, provides high performance, low-latency, managed connectivity worldwide.
- Available bandwidths up to 40 Gig-E and a full range of access options, including Ethernet, clients can scale their connectivity to fit the specific needs of each of their locations.
- ATS’ unique Quality of Service (QoS) model offers six available service classes
- All clients have access to our SavvisStation customer web portal, which offers automated quoting and ordering and real-time visibility into the utilization and performance of every connection.
- Shields you from critical, but often commoditized, infrastructure work required to stay competitive and keep up with the continual changes in the markets.
- A flexible and scalable on-demand technology platform with options that can significantly reduce your time-to-market and costs.
- Venue-neutral – we’re not a market ourselves, instead we focus on MAKING MARKETS WORK!
- Savvis constantly assesses and deploys best of breed IT infrastructure and technology, whilst continuously optimizing our network topology, for our clients to leverage.
- A myriad of solutions providers on our network allows clients to expand their capabilities by accessing this rich ecosystem of value-adding applications and services.
- Experienced and knowledgeable professional services overlay to assist where necessary in delivering your strategic initiatives.
- Tools and systems which provide our clients with automated provisioning, and the visibility into the performance, of their systems and applications.
- Firms adopting high frequency, algorithmic or automated trading strategies, where reducing latency is paramount, can locate their trading infrastructure in the same physical data center as a number of the leading liquidity venues.
- Sell side firms such as broker/dealers and prime services providers can cost-effectively realize their strategic business priorities by tailoring solutions for themselves and their clients.
- Whether you’re a large investment bank, a mid-size asset management firm, or a hedge fund with minimal technical resources, our infrastructure as a service approach allows you to tailor IT and connectivity solutions that fit your exact needs.
A number of the world’s leading liquidity venues – including traditional equities and derivatives exchanges, alternative trading venues such as dark pools and crossing networks, foreign exchange and fixed income ECNs – trust Savvis to host their trading systems and matching infrastructure.
Savvis Markets Infrastructure provides ubiquitous access to an unparalleled breadth of trading ecosystems resident in our facilities. Colocate with any of the following venues which Savvis hosts, and you will enjoy the lowest latency connectivity available:
- One of the top three major US equities exchanges’ matching engines
- Five of the nine largest US equity dark pools, representing almost 50% of average daily volume
- Two major FX ECNs, with roughly 49% of global spot FX matched in Savvis data centers
- A broad range of alternative trading venues and solutions providers.
|Thomson Reuters Elektron Hosting
The strategic collaboration between Savvis and Thomson Reuters offers a global hosting platform that provides high performance liquidity discovery and execution support for financial services firms. Available in all the major financial centers across the globe, with additional sites to be progressively rolled out, Thomson Reuters Elektron Hosting provides customers with:
- access to the Thomson Reuters Enterprise solution suite
- low latency market data, aggregated data feeds, middleware and execution capabilities
- analytics and connectivity to the ecosystem of financial markets participants already resident in Savvis’ global data centers
- the ability to have their infrastructure, low latency data feeds and applications hosted and managed within these centers
- a cost-effective and flexible means to respond to a dynamically evolving market place in a timely manner.