Savvis Symphony VPDC
Savvis Symphony Virtual Private Data Center Delivers Enterprise-Class Data Center Services in the Cloud
Savvis Symphony VPDC is one of the industry's first enterprise-class virtual private data-center solutions, with multi-tiered security, service and network profiles. Savvis Symphony VPDC lets you create your desired virtual data center inside our secure, multi-tenant cloud from a set of predefined service levels. You get increased user controls for complete virtual data-center provisioning, with advanced user design and enhanced security practices previously used only in dedicated IT environments. Hourly usage-based billing, with no long-term commitments, provides for tremendous cost savings. When combined with our global data-center footprint and network options ranging from Tier1 public IP access to private, low-latency connectivity, Savvis enables cloud solutions available anywhere in the world.
Savvis Symphony VPDC transforms your IT capabilities, and enables you to align data center investment and business return. With the online price calculator you select the appropriate service profile and configure virtual servers. The Essential service profile is designed for test and development workload. Providing more features, the Balanced service profile is for web applications. The Premier service profile meets the needs of mission critical application solutions.
Symphony VPDC pricing includes many capabilities and functions that others charge flat fees or metered service charges. Included in the VPDC pricing are:
- Best of breed, standards based infrastructure
- High-performance and persistent SAN storage
- Multi-layered, defense in depth security model
- Enterprise-class servers from HP and Cisco
- High-performance Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches
- Stateful firewalls
- VMware vSphere virtualization
- Load balancing for select service profiles
- VM-to-VM and VM-to-storage I/O included
- Daily block level snapshots
- Daily full backup capability